Hi guys, things have been rather hectic recently, however I am back. Anyway to start the ball rolling again I thought I would return to the subject of the Collectable Minifigs produced by Lego.
I mentioned these previously when they were originally made public, however now I have had a good opportunity to mess around with the box of these that I bought it is safe to say I am very pleased with the contents.
Even those figs that I was originally dubious about are incredibly useful from a customisation perspective… as can be seen from the image above 😉
For me it is the array of new pieces that are exciting, such as the following:
1. Clown hair, great for comedic effect, whilst also possible to re-colour for a truly funky afro;
2. Syringe, which is great for medical figs;
3. Skateboarders Hair, nice new style which I think looks better on female figs;
4. Spaceman Helmet, this looks great in white;
5. Spaceman Pistol, very retro looking blaster (steampunk / retro uses)
6. Zombie Head, the ultimate post-apoc / zombie fest piece that is a personal dream come true.
In addition the theme covered by the figs provide new inspiration to start building in a few forgotten genres (e.g. Cowboys, Forestmen tec.)
In addition to the random selection obtained in the box I have also purchased singles from Firestar Toys to create an army of Retro Robots and Zombies for future projects.
NOTE: Please let me know anything specific that you want me to cover in the blog using comments, otherwise I will continue to do things as and when they come to me.